When summer is at its hottest I start to think about how lucky I am to have a shady place to go throughout the day in my yard. Living at 5000 feet has it’s up and downs. Mainly ups of course but one negative is the sun is intense at higher elevations. You are at greater levels of UV. UV increases about 2% with every 1000 ft of elevation gain. All of this is to say that SHADE can be a necessity in the Summer.
There are three basic ways to get shade in your yard.
- Plant a Tree. Inexpensive and easy to install, however it might take a while to get the shade.
- Put up a temporary shade fabric or umbrella. Simplest and inexpensive however it might not last long.
- Build a Shade Structure. A more expensive but immediate, low maintenance, and permanent solution.
Here are a look at some of the shade structures I’ve designed and built over the years.
There are solid structures, latilla open structures, fabric structures, and metal structures. The opportunities are endless.
Adjustable Patio Cover
However, there is a new structure that I’ve found that is unlike any of the ones above because this one can open and close throughout the day. You can adjust how much sun you let in and you can even close it up during a rain storm and stay dry.
Solara is the original all-season adjustable louvered patio cover. Unlike a solid or lattice cover, Solara provides the best of all worlds and it is made in the USA.
- Shade when you want it or direct natural sunlight (passive solar) on those cold winter days when you need it.
- Indirect lighting, providing a friendly light atmosphere without direct sunlight.
- 100% shade and ventilation, providing a cool breeze on those hot summer days.
- Rain protection, keeping you and everything under your cover dry.
- Durable Roll formed or heavy duty extruded louvers to fit any budget.
- Available in six standard colors.
- Made of 100% aluminum, maintenance and corrosion free.
- Accommodates wind loads up to 140mph in open or closed position.
- Can accommodate snow loads over 40lbs per square foot.
- Variable design can be curved or angled, not restricted by exterior frame.
- Fits almost any existing sub structure including wood, steel or aluminum.
- Available with manual opener or with low voltage motor and remote.
- 25 years on the market with great warranty coverage.
To see all the Shade Structure options click on the picture or right HERE.
I’m excited to announce that I am an Authorized SOLARA shade louver system dealer. I couldn’t find anyone in town who supplied this affordable adjustable shade systems so I decided to provide them myself to the public.
To get all the details on the Solara Adjustable Patio System visit their website at www.patiocover.us
Interested in seeing them in person, just drop me an email (email@example.com) and we’ll set something up.