Tree Pruning, this is the time of year for pruning and I wanted to take a minute to tell you about how valuable trees are to our landscapes.
Did you know?
- Tree shaded surfaces can be 20–45°F cooler than surfaces in direct sun, helping homeowners reduce summer cooling costs.
- Consumers have a 12% higher willingness to pay for goods and services in retail areas that have streetscape greening such as street trees and sidewalk gardens.
- Trees remove pollution from the atmosphere, improving air quality and human health.
- Office workers with a view of trees report significantly less stress and more satisfaction.
Now that you now their importance please remember to take care of our precious TREES (especially if you have recently removed a grass lawn from under your trees).
Follow these two simple steps for success.
- Water them deeply (36-48″ depth) at least once a month. (2x a month during heat of summer)
- Get them pruned by a professional arborist at least once every 5-10 years. Don’t try to prune them yourself, leave it to the professionals. No need to wait until your tree is large, an arborist can know exactly how a small tree will grow just by looking at it. Click here to find an arborist.
To learn even more about Trees in New Mexico visit this resource.
Are you getting the Countdown to Spring emails and tips? To get all the tips just click here and you’ll be automatically signed up. Also, would you do me a favor? Please invite all your friends to join us, just send them to this link. www.mylandscapecoach.com/ctse
Join me as we Countdown to Spring!
I'll help you get your YARD ready for outdoor fun this Spring!